Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Triterrorpods

Captain's Blog Stardate 201207.12







Klingon Hunting Party:



The hunting party is ambushed from behind by the Triterrorpods:







The Triterropod was designed for me by Richard Smith (Space Cow). I made some resin cast of the green. The original idea was to have them included in my next master mold, but I am not sure if I will have room. I am currently trying to work up something to have these produced in resin until I have a chance to get them produced in metal.

My cast were ending up with tiny bubbles. I am not an expert, but I think that my resin mix wasn't thin enough to fill the mold correctly. To fix this problem, I used Games Worshop's Liquid Green Stuff. It isn't exactly Scotty in a can, but it does work some small miracles and I am happy with the purchase. I normally fill in tiny gaps/holes with superglue and baking soda, but since this is a small miniature the liquid green stuff was more ideal.

7 comments:

  1. Very interesting Thing. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, what other minis are you releasing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those Klingons hunting Tribbles? lol.
    Really nice "alien" aliens though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stroezie - Yes they are Troubles :)

    Dan - 9 Conquerors, 9 Imperials, and 1 multi part Raptor to complete The Original Set (TOS) if everything goes well. The Conquerors and Imperials are reworks of the Astro Crew and the Raptor is a new green with (body, arm options, and seperate head for different poses). I mailed everyghing off to the casting house already. Just a waiting game now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at the progression in those pictures and thinking "man, I hope this doesn't turn into one of those animes I've heard of..." :P

    ReplyDelete