Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

New USS Enterprise and Klingon Battle Cruiser

Captain's Blog Stardate 201203.04

I bought Star Trek Expeditions for the ships the other day.



I kept the original mounting hole for both ships, but for the USS Enterprise it left the ship unbalanced. I had to use a weight in the stand to balance it.



The Enterprise needs a repaint.






Furuta Enterprise and Justicar D-7 on the outsides.



Romulan Dragohawk TMP style in the center (my own design)



ADB plastic Constitution, New Enterprise, Furuta Enterprise



Justicar D-7, New Klingon Battle Cruiser, Ghostrunner D-7, Gamescience K-Type



Dragohawk TOS style (my own design)



Background test picrues:
Blue Sky


Blue Sky


Orange sky


On a side note, I recently purchased a game called Star Explorer. The game is based on the Star Trek theme and can be played solo. I haven't had a chance to read the rules yet, but it looks fun.

6 comments:

  1. Capt. Both skies should work with your figures, structures, and planet fauna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jay,

    I am looking for that TOS feel if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures. That new Kling looks terrible. It is too bad that the JJ-prise is a bit small, as I recall that "canon" suggests that it is larger than the TOS ship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, the new Klingon ship does look a little silly with the oversize cannons from my point of view. Kind of like a mauler from Starfleet Battles.

    I don't remember how many crew members are on JJ-prise, but it seams as though there are a lot more than on the TOS ship. So, I don't think that the two ships are in scale, that is if you go canon with the reboot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But they are really close in scale with SFB ships. That's important...

    BTW, have you seen the crewman miniatures which come with the Star Trek Expeditions pack? are they 25 or 28mm scaled?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Yuber Okami,
      They are about 40mm from foot to the top of their heads. I hope that helps :)

      Delete