Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

15mm Klingon and Romulan Conversions

Captain's Blog Stardate 201109.13
I have been working on converting some Astro Crew to Klingons and Romulans.

First I sanded around the legs using files and added green stuff to make different pant styles. I also added a little green stuff to make sashes for some of the minis. I then did some head swaps using two of the Pointy Ear Head sprues for the Romulans and two of the Bearded/Musache/Goatee Head sprues for the Klingons. Finally, I changed out the weapons. I wanted the Romulans to have a more of an independent feel, so I used a different laser pistol than I did for the Klingons. Not quite TOS, but I like the look.



Hopefully I will get these painted up soon. I am planning on using them with 5150 New Beginnings when it comes out.

On a side note, my wife gave me the green light in ordering some Laserburn Adventurers and Star Soldiers currently featured over at Dropship Horizon. I have been eyeing them for some time to use in my games.


  1. Hi Malleman, very nice, they will paint up brilliantly.

  2. Hell yes! Now when can I buy some! :)

  3. Looks good. Any conversion @ 15mm, in my humble opinion, is difficult. I'm looking forward to seeing the painted space adventurers.